Name:
Location: jakesville, earth

I wrestle with my ego a lot. Ego in the Freudian sense. You could say that I'm a bit of an ego samauri. You ready for a slicing???

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Giving Thanks (In my own words!!)

Hello again,

Following a week of 99.4% seclusion and after the self reflection that flying across my country allowed (compounded by two layovers), I've gathered a few of the blessings this past year have bestowed upon me which I'm going to share with you just now.Firstly, two thanksgiving dinners (one working its way through my belly; the other to be cooked tomorrow) is a feat that shall probably never be repeated. Secondly, and far more importantly, is the engagement I received from you during the turbulance of my life during late summer / early fall. I went dancing towards the stars; you each, in your own uniquely wonderful ways, took turns sheparding me around the dancefloor of the outer galaxies. When I got scared, confused, or overwhelmed, ever approaching black holes scattered throughout the universe like trap doors ready to snap my mind to bits I found one of you; one of you who tapdanced, tangoed, or simply spun me away from danger and back to a nebula where I could cope with things for a bit before my itchy feet got me back dancing impetuously towards those stars again. Luckily, I'd find another one of you just in time to avoid being sucked into timelessness. Eventually, busting moves out for so long sapped the energy straight outta me and I crashed back to earth BUT back to earth and not lost forever like a neutron star. Intergalactic lyricism aside, thanks for sharing the experience. I hope the exchange was as valuable to you as it most definately was to me. For that you have my sincerest thanks, my undying respect, and my lifelong friendship (if you deem it worthy of maintaining). I lied. I've got a few words of Tolstoy's to sign off with.

"In infinite time, in the infinity of matter, in infinite space, a bubble-organism separates itself, and that bubble holds out for a while and then bursts, and that bubble is ... me."

I am thankful for bubbling into existance at the same time and at the same place that you did.

one
JR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home